Monday, January 18, 2010

Catching Up

So the hustle and bustle of my life has finally slowed down just long enough for me to catch my breath right before the first day of school. So to fill you in on everything that has happened, I have to go back a week or two. I started volunteering at the nursing home close to my house, and I met some truly wonderful people! The activity director, Mrs. Judy and her assistant Mary Jo are amazing people and they really enjoyed having me there. Not to mention Mrs. Judy's handsome grandson, EZ (Elton Zane, how's that for a country boy's name?) that loves country music as much as I do and is tall too! Some of the people living in the nursing home were very interesting. For example, there was Mr. Roy. I don't even know where to begin describing him! He is so funny, but at the same time is a cantankerous old man most of the time. And there's Tanya who takes care of Mr. Roy during the day, she is awesome. We did all sorts of things, the residents love to play bingo and each time they bingo they get a quarter. Oh boy! I was sad on my last day working there because I knew I wouldn't see them until Spring Break.

The major crisis of the week happened a few days before I was scheduled to come back to school. I was sitting on the living room couch using my laptop when all of a sudden I hear a crackling noise and smoke starts coming out of my laptop. I was a little bit worried but I wasn't a basket case. I immediately called my dad and told him what had happened and rushed over to his house so he could fix the problem. I thought about what would happen if I didn't come back with my laptop, and I prayed that it was minor damage. Turns out the "smoke" that I saw wasn't really smoke, but DUST. disgusting. Dad took my lappy apart and cleaned it all out and got me all set and ready to go :) thanks Dad!

Next, Megan broke her finger at practice! I was so freaked out. Her left middle finger and ring finger have been super swollen and green and black. So now she has to keep all her fingers buddy taped together so they heal properly. I already miss her too much. But moving on, after saying my goodbyes to the family, I headed out on the 4 hour drive back to CS, which went by extremely fast despite the rainy weather. I made it on time for my initial appointment with my dermatologist, and in one month I can officially start taking Accutane! :D The government requires two negative pregnancy tests from females of childbearing potential. So basically if I were a guy I would already be taking it. I caught up with Blake, we grabbed dinner and played Rock Band 2 for hours. I'm seriously addicted to the drums! Then I came to the dorm, unloaded EVERYTHING, repacked, and left for Houston the next morning. I was so happy to see Andrew! We spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing, except for making a trip to Victoria to see his brother Austin play some basketball and Andrew had to referee all day Saturday. I drove to Sugar Land and met up with Sammie and Joseph and hung out at a birthday party, then came back just in time to see Nubby (Austin) in his tuxedo ready to be picked up by his date! (definition: a nubbin is a young child, can be toddler age, up through the age of about 9 or 10 when children look their cutest!) We came back Sunday afternoon, and I haven't really done very much besides that. Blake showed me around the Blinn campus, since I am taking anatomy & physiology there this semester. I just kind of hung around the dorm and got everything situated for this week.

I honestly cannot believe that it is time for another semester. Not to mention, I am seriously freaking out about having to catch bus 12 from here to blinn. What if I don't catch the bus on time?!!? But I know everything will be just fine. I hope that everyone has a wonderful first day of class (for those of you who didn't start earlier) and that all goes smoothly.

Oh, I'm pretty sure this is the longest blog I have ever written. Next time I won't wait so long to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment