Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Before I go on about how much I enjoyed this past weekend, the part that touched me the most was not at dinner, but instead the college group Sunday school at Tallowood. Mrs. Shirley taught the lesson that covered Psalm 103. Recently in the church, there have been many college age students passing away and for many people that grew up at Tallowood, it was extremely difficult to cope with this loss. We read several different versions of Psalm 103, but they were all the same. There were several verses that really touched my heart, and as I write this I start to reflect once again on my life and it saddens me to know that sometimes I haven't been living as an example of God. Just to give an overview, David wrote about how God "forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases" (v. 3), he is "compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love" (v. 8). "He will not always accuse nor will he harbor his anger forever, he does not treat us as our sins deserve" (v. 9-10), "for as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west..." (v. 11-12). All of these verses are from the NIV. I am so thankful that God is all of these things, because without him, I would already be dead and rotting in the deepest pits of Hell.

To recap on the rest of the weekend, Friday night was very relaxing as Andrew and I did absolutely nothing but drove to Houston. All day Saturday he was busy refereeing with the first graders, and I spent the day at home with his mom, I studied while she baked some cookies. Mind you, she didn't have her normal recipe and these cookies weren't terrible but nowhere near how good she can bake cookies. I had become extremely upset because Andrew had decided that rather than the two of us go out for a nice dinner, he wanted to give his money to his parents so they could do the same. In the end, Andrew took me to Praderia, a delicious Brazilian steakhouse that was absolutely amazing! After dinner, we met his brother Austin and his date Mary Helen (who is one of the sweetest, most laid-back girls I have EVER met) at Marble Slab for some ice cream. The evening ended on a wonderful note, minus the fact that I had an insane sugar rush from the ice cream and acted like a total goober in front of Mary Helen and Austin. Oh well...Austin said it wasn't a big deal (I hope not). Oh, Sunday afternoon Andrew and I had our second intramural basketball game, which we won, so that makes us 2-0 UNDEFEATED! I am seriously out of shape. But I am getting back into shape, slowly but surely.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day and a wonderful week! I had one exam today, and I have two tomorrow. Time to get back to studying. uuuugggggghhhhhhhhh.

AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, ANDREW IS MY FIRST VALENTINE. EVER. AND EVERYTHING WAS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT despite the bad stuff that got me upset earlier that Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment