Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life Ponderings

{we heart it}

Lately I've been wondering a lot about where my life is going and where I want it to go. Most importantly, thinking about grad school and graduation. I am worried that I might not graduate on time (in May 2011) because I declared my major only a year ago and I have a TON of courses to complete. The problem is that there are only so many classes I can take before getting into my upper level classes, and I have to apply for that (but I can't do that until I have completed all my lower level courses) and registration starts in April. I'm also worried about whether or not the last two lower level classes I need will be offered online or not. If not, then I will have to stay in CS and take them over the summer (in addition to A&P II and Physics). If I have to stay here I don't know where I will live. Plus, I have really got to pull my GPR up otherwise OT schools won't even look at my application.

Then after I finally finish all my classes I will be able to graduate. However, the majority of the Occupational Therapy schools in the state of Texas have a very early application date (TWU is my #1 choice, and the deadline to apply is October 15). And there's the whole grade situation I mentioned above. So if I graduate in December 2011, I would basically have to wait until Fall 2012 to apply for admittance in Fall 2013 which would be AN ETERNITY to be out of school for that long :( I just don't have many options available to me. Not to mention Obama's New Health Care Plan.

I don't want to be that far from Andrew either. It is nearly impossible for me to go without seeing him for two weeks, let alone a whole entire semester! I also want to try to stay fairly close to my family, especially if my dad ever needs me in a hurry. It is so frustrating to see where I want to be and think in the back of my mind that I will never get there (and that makes me sound like a NEGATIVE NANCY, but I know that sometimes the truth is what brings me back to reality). And just a side note, I get my worrywart-ness from my mother's side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment