Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cookie Disaster

Late last night I decided that I really wanted some chocolate chip cookies. I realized that I would have to go out to the store in order to make said cookies, but instead wanted to use the recipe that my grandma gave me over the holiday weekend. The recipe is as follows.

1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350. Mix ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Add a handful of whatever tickles your fancy (I wanted chocolate chips). Drop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light brown/golden edges.

When the 10 minutes were up, I did the toothpick test with my cookies and they were all still too gooey in the middle. Don't get me wrong I love gooey cookies but not that gooey. So I left them in for another 4 minutes and pulled them out. I let them cool, and about 15-20 minutes later decided that they smelled delicious and I was ready to devour them. The bad part is when I took one off the cookie sheet the bottom was burnt :( like crispy burnt tast that spreads through the entire cookie. Gross. I'm not quite sure what to do differently. Maybe it was the fact that I made my cookies HUGE. I've found other recipes that call for the same things just with different amounts. I will continue to figure out this recipe until I find the perfect combination!

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Next time, when they are super gooey, take them out and let them sit for a bit.. Like 15 minutes. They'll harden up

    ReplyDelete