Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Gotta Prioritize

Okay so I know I've once again been a bad blogger and I haven't updated recently. To fill you in on everything would take forever, so I'll just go over the big details. Last Thursday was my anatomy final and one of my midterms. I was going on about 4 hrs of sleep and was just praying that I would do good enough on both to pass. I didn't feel very confident about the anatomy final, but I did pretty well on my midterm. I got home and my roommate was just starting to cook dinner and I was extremely anxious/nervous to see my anatomy grade. Finally 8pm rolled around. And guess what. I made a 75 on the final! Woohoooo! Definitely had to celebrate. About 10 minutes later my best guy friend from high school, Marcus, and his friend Ryan called me to tell me that they were heading to CS and wanted to go out. Perfect! So the four of us went to Chili's and then came home just to hang out. I got some well-earned sleep Thursday night, and woke up Friday morning to head to Houston and see Andrew, and my mom (and the rest of my family..)

What a weekend. I got to spend a whole lot of time with Andrew, my mom, and the rest of my family but also threw in a moving day. My cousin was moving back from San Antonio and needed a ton of help. It took about 2 hrs to get everything into his apartment, and thankfully the rain held off long enough for him to get moved in. The only thing that I regretted last 4th of July and regret once again is not going with Andrew and instead staying with my family. Yeah, I know, family is important and stuff but everybody was doing their own thing elsewhere. Not like it has been in past years when everyone is together in one place.

Additionally since I saw my mom, I got lots of new kitchen goodies. My favorites include a Hamilton Beach grilling machine, a blender, and a whisk! Haha yes, I am excited about a whisk. However my apartment is still missing a few special touches, which will just take time to find. Things have slowed down a little since anatomy is over, and my weekends are starting to get busy! But my health classes are still going on, and its definitely harder to make myself get up and watch the lectures when I would really rather sleep all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment