Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back to Reality

Whew! It has been super busy these last few days. I just got back to CS a few hours ago, and I only have one more day off before jumping in headfirst with work and classes in a few weeks. But rather than focusing on that, I'll fill you in on what's happened with me this week. Megan's last day of work was Thursday, and we sat around the house and did a whole bunch of nothing. Later that night my best guy friend Marcus (the one who's on bomb squad and leaving for Iraq at the end of this week), my friend Libby (who I've known since we were babies), and Austin (known him since pre-k) met up at Buffalo Wild Wings for a few drinks. We talked about everything. Seriously. Mostly we reminisced about high school and talked about how much we would miss Marcus, plus made a few jokes and mentioned The Hurt Locker in there too. It was great to catch up and laugh. Friday my mom, sister, and I woke up super early to drive to Dallas and do some shopping! My most important item to shop for was a formal dress for my ex-stepmom's rehearsal dinner on September 17. After going to 2 prom stores, we decided to hit up the Galleria and shift gears. That mall is hugeeeeeeeeeeee. Like omg. We needed another day to check out all the stores! My purchases came from Forever 21, Sephora, and Macy's, who actually had a dress that was almost long enough for me! I couldn't believe it. A dress to fit me? And actually be long enough?!????!?!! Is it even possible?!?!?!! Oh yes it is. It's not my first pick, but it looks beautiful on me, but I wish it was just a teeny bit longer. All in all it was an awesome day and I have a few wonderful goodies (and a Christmas present too). I spent most of today packing and hit the road with enough time to make it here right as it was getting dark.

Today feels like just another day, boring and uneventful, but I know that after tomorrow things won't stop until December. I'm not ready for the semester to start but I don't really have a choice. I would love to just pause time and do absolutely nothing for a month or so! This next week is going to be packed for me with work every day but Wednesday from roughly 8-5. Grosssss.

PS. My friend Erik (ya know, the one who introduced me and Andrew) had minor back surgery on Friday the 13th and he is recovering well!

1 comment: