Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good to Bad to Worse

First day as a senior started yesterday (obviously) and it was a pretty chill day. Both of my classes are in the morning, and I was done at 11:10am. So I came home, relaxed, did some laundry, went to a friend's for dinner, and stopped by campus to see Andrew for a bit. Today was a little tougher with getting into the swing of school and I had 3 classes to go to, one of them is at Blinn and parking was insane today! But I managed to find a spot thankfully. I ate lunch with Blake since we have a class together, drove home and caught the bus for class. Tia (my immediate supervisor) had called me last night and wanted to meet with me today to discuss some things. So after my class I walked over to Hotard to talk to her (plus I had to go sell a textbook too).

Unfortunately, I was nowhere near ready for what Tia was about to tell me. As the university continues to make budget cuts, Tia realized that her position with Access was only temporary as she was only extending her contract for as long as she possibly could and at any minute she could be cut from Access. She decided that it would be best for her to start applying for another job elsewhere. Thankfully, she got a job in the Leadership Organization Dept. in Koldus, but in order to start that job her last day with Access is Septebmer 17th. Which means Alvarado and Madison won't have Tia to go to if they need anything, and they will instead report to Arthur and Jenny. I was able to stop the waterworks but I teared up a little. I will miss her terribly, as she has been my boss for almost 2 years now.

After that, things just kinda went downhill. I went to my last class and just sat there, as exciting as the grad student was making it I couldn't quite focus on what she was saying. And of course she told the mentors at our meeting tonight. I don't know what is going to happen to Access as the year progresses. But I do know that this is turning out to be one of the saddest semesters I've ever had and I thought senior year was supposed to be fun and exciting. Maybe it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment