Saturday, November 6, 2010

Recipe Turned Right

Hey all! It feels like forever since I've been on here to update, and I guess in a way it has. Tuesday seems like it was so far away. Anyways, not too much has been going on around here besides school, work, and getting ready for my Aggie Ring! I've fallen in love with the cold weather because it means that I can cook lots of soups and delicious goodies in my slow cooker! Wednesday night I attempted to make chicken noodle soup. I was lacking on veggies (carrots and celery) and only had spaghetti noodles and 1 can of chicken broth. But I made do with what I had. Andrew loves a ton of noodles in his soup so I added extra. A TON EXTRA. After finishing everything up, the end result was alright, not my favorite but decent for the few ingredients that I had. Thursday night was Big Bang Theory night so Andrew and Erik were over, and I didn't really feel like cooking so I whipped out the extra soup and some for Andrew (it made a whole lot, enough for me to eat for about 5 or so days at least) and I'll be darned if it didn't taste exactly like the Chicken N'Dumplins from Cracker Barrel. IT WAS AMAZING. I don't know what I did or didn't do to make it come out that way, but I love it even more now. And all of this makes me want to cook even more. My normal grocery list has grown extensively since Wednesday!

Tonight the Aggies are playing OU, I don't know if I want to go to the game or not because it will be cold and I don't think it will be a very good game. Just sayin.

1 comment: