Monday, November 15, 2010

Ring Weekend Recap

Whew. These last few days have been crazy! I can't believe I haven't updated since last Wednesday, my bad guys. Let me fill you in on the great (aaaand not so great) things that have been happening since then.

Thursday
1. class and work all day long
2. cooking dinner and cleaning my entire apartment (as I mentioned in my to-do list)
3. getting myself all cleaned up for Friday

Friday
1. had to go to work, we had a speaker from the Student Health Services put on a program called "Sex in the Dark" which is where students anonymously write down 1 or 2 sex questions and the lights are turned off (so everyone is in the dark) and the SHS speaker answered as many questiosn as she could.
2. got my nails done and I saw a friend from high school, Elissa, who was getting her ring too!
3. grandparents arrived and they brought furniture and I love it!
4. my mom and megan arrived with lunch. by the time they arrived I was beyond starving.
5. my dad arrived and got settled in his hotel then came over
6. everyone moved like a herd of turtles to get ready to go to campus -- y'all it took my family over an hour to get ready to go. who needs that much time???
7. found parking on campus and walked to the Alumni Center, in the past parking has been crazy hectic.
8. stood in line for my FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIE RING!
9. GOT MY RING! yayayayayayayayay!
10. took a bazillion pictures..or what seemed like a bazillion pictures. for some reason my family has the hardest time taking normal pictures
11. came home and changed clothes since the sun was setting and it was getting cold, and we went to Olive Garden for dinner.
12. prepared to dunk my ring! but it almost got rained out! yes I dunked my ring in beer, no I didn't throw up, it took me a minute and 48 seconds to chug that whole pitcher. good thing I never have to do it again!
**if you would like to see pictures scroll down to the bottom of the post or just keep reading**

Saturday
1. tried to sleep in, failed miserably.
2. made blueberry muffins and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast
3. mom left and headed to see some of her old friends in Houston
4. dad, andrew, megan and I went shopping around town
5. I would like to elaborate on said shopping trip at one place in particular. Okay. So obviously being a tall Amazonian freak it is darn near impossible to find pants long enough. Only one store that I shop at carries jeans to fit. I won't mention the name of this store, but all of their clothes are extremely overpriced (including the jeans which can run about $80 a pair but are amazing and last FOR-EVER.) Anyways, they were really busy and I assume that everyone is already starting their Christmas shopping. I looked through the entire store and didn't find a single pair of jeans in my size, and neither did Megan. Finally 2 guys came over to help us out, we told them what size we were looking for and they began to hunt. They came back with one pair for me and 2 pairs for Megan. One of the guys tried to explain to me that if I would just try on a pair for the waist then I could order online. Wrong answer dude. I've done that several times in the past, and with my ginormous thunder thighs I can't ever fit into a pair of jeans UNLESS THEY ARE LONG ENOUGH. It doesn't work that way. But this guy didn't understand that. So Megan and I left both empty handed and pissed. Thanks for listening to my little rant :)
6. went out for dinner, then came back to watch the Aggies beat the hell outta those Baylor Bears. I definitely yelled at the tv for the entire first half. What a game!

Sunday
1. went to church--the message was rather long and the pastor seemed to drag it out an extra 15-20 minutes
2. ate lunch at Texas Roadhouse...amazing.
3. Megan and dad left to head back home (unfortunately Megan left some extremely important items here which are currently being mailed back to her)
4. took an hour and a half nap
5. went to the Indoor range with Andrew and took a practice CHL test. scored a 247/250. Not bad!
6. didn't do much the rest of the night, and it was wonderful.
Holy cow, I didn't realize that I've done so much in the last few days. But the most exciting part of it all was getting my Aggie Ring. And of course I have tons of pictures to share with you!




Before getting my ring but at this point I wasn't very excited yet.


Aren't we cute? This guy means so much to me!


Even though he was in a lot of pain, he still made the trip just for me and my special occasion! Love you Dad!


Waiting in line for my ring time to be called, and my mom told us to look excited so we did but I don't think it was quite what she was looking for.


There's that beautiful ring! My excitement couldn't be contained any longer


Doesn't it look pretty on my finger?


I think this is my favorite picture of myself from ring day :)


Can't forget the famous part of getting your ring, dunking it in a pitcher of beer and chugging as fast as you can!


Chugging....


Still chugging...


Almost done...


Got it!
I'm definitely not proud of dunking my ring in 1 minute 48 seconds, but it's better than nothing. A big thanks to everyone who came to my dunk and celebrated with me! Hope you had a great time! And if you're still reading this props to you for sitting through my entire weekend recap. You're a great reader :) and this post took me like an hour to write. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment