Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Houston!

Happy Thursday friends! Things have been busy around here! Tuesday morning I woke up early to pack and catch the Amtrak bus to ride to Houston to see Andrew. It was only about 2 weeks since we had seen each other, but felt like so much longer than that. We didn't do a whole lot Tuesday night, we had a lovely dinner and played Bananagrams, which I had never played but I love it!

Yesterday it rained ALL DAY LONG. Several roads were flooded and we had to turn around a couple of times. We finally went to see the 7th Harry Potter movie. Why I waited so long to see it I have no idea. I'm a die hard fan. The movie was fantastic, and I can't wait for the second part to come out. One of the bittersweet pieces in the 7th book is the dedication which says "spilt seven ways...[lists several names], and to you, if you have stuck with Harry until the end". Love it. I'm gonna read the books all over again as soon as I have the time. After the movie, we went shopping with Andrew's sister Alissa. She was on the hunt for a cute New Year's Eve dress for a church party. And we found something! I love shopping sometimes, but Andrew was miserable. I had a terrible headache after we finished shopping and took about an hour nap. I woke up and we watched a movie on Alissa's laptop and then celebrated Christmas after Austin and Andrew's mom got home from a basketball tourney. I love what they got me! Later Austin's girlfriend Audrey came over and we played Taboo, Bananagrams, and Battle of the Sexes. And Audrey and I won that last game!

Today has been rather quiet around the Tucker household. The Beast ('88 suburban) will be picked up tomorrow by a towing/wrecking company and the boys are cleaning it out. So sad. Love those older vehicles. Andrew's mom and I were working on their New Year's card (its too late for a Christmas card haha) and just picked out the design and picture. Tomorrow Andrew and I are going back to Longview for New Year's. I can't believe that another year is about to begin, this one has certainly flown by. I haven't quite started thinking about my resolutions, but I'm sure you will see a post about it in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment