Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ticket Pull Thursday

Hey readers! I'm super stoked to tell you that I GOT TICKETS FOR THE COTTON BOWL!! Yay! My friend Elizabeth was nice enough to let me camp with her group, and I can't thank them enough. She is such a sweetheart and I'm excited to have class with her again next semester. They were the ones who camped out Tuesday and Wednesday night. This morning I woke up at 5:30 to get ready to stand in line with them. I think it was about 30 degrees outside when I left my apartment shortly before 6am. There were A MILLION people. Okay, I lie, but the line went all the way back to E. King Gill to give you an idea of how many people there were in every line. Oddly enough there are still spirit passes available for $50, which is the nice way of saying standing room tickets. We stood in line for over an hour, and watched the sun come up and brighten the sky (obviously you can't really see the sun if you're standing in front of Kyle Field because G. Rolie is in the way but you know what I mean). I called Mom and we are both super stoked. If I haven't already mentioned this, the Aggies went to the Cotton Bowl when she was a student but wasn't able to go. It will definitely be an unforgettable experience for both of us. After pulling tickets I had to go to class. Poop on you Blinn for not having Reading Days! And then I came back for breakfast and a nice warm nap. Finals are just around the corner, and then its Christmas! Oh, and Dad's and Megan's birthdays too.

PS. I have been waiting to get into one of my upper level health classes, Drugs & Society, and there had been a few problems but thankfully the department opened seats today and I was able to get in it! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment