Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Apartment Hunting

So I managed to make it through my second day of classes and things should be quite an interesting semester, especially with my neuroscience class. One of my classes has about 100 people in it, 5 or 6 of which are guys, including the professor. I probably know 20 or so people in the class too. It was good to see so many of them since I haven't had a health class with them in the last semester or two. But the funniest thing that my professor said today was that if we ever see him outside of class we can always say "Hey, Sandlin! Taking drugs with you is so much fun!" and get lots of confused looks from everybody :)

I've been looking at apartments, houses and duplexes for a place to live for the next year. My lease just so happens to be up on my birthday (May 13th) and that also happens to be graduation. I can't miss graduation, all of my friends will be there. The other problem is that I can't quite move straight from one apartment to another because then my problem is that if I end up graduating next May instead of this coming December then I will run into the problem of having a lease end the week of finals. Does that make sense? Currently my apartment has no idea what they are doing and they say that they don't know if I can stay here an extra few days. In addition to that, I also have to figure out who I can room with. I don't really want to go potluck since I haven't had much luck with that but at the same time I don't want to ruin any friendships if something doesn't work out.

So, if you know of anyone that would want to room with me (or if they have an open spot for the next year-ish) holler at me! Or we can be roommates! There are two places that I really like, Meadows Point and Sundance. I'm still in the process of looking at other places, but these two are my top choices. There are a few people that I have already talked to that have already renewed their lease, so I don't quite know what I'll do. But I know I don't want to live by myself and I would prefer not to go potluck. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment