Monday, January 3, 2011

Start Off the New Year Right


Hey friends! I think I'm the last person on the earth to update about my new year celebrations and resolutions. Well, I've thought long and hard about making any kinds of resolutions. But before I get into that, let me fill you in on how the last few days have been. New Years was extremely uneventful as there was a burn ban all over East Texas, so all the fireworks that we had extra from last year didn't get shot off. But I got to spend the whole evening with Andrew, making it all worthwhile.

Andrew left this afternoon and things just aren't the same without him here. I told him that I was jealous of his brother and his girlfriend because they both live in Houston and get to see each other quite often. But then again, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

As for making any resolutions, I've decided to be a little lax on myself and just set some simple goals for myself. First off, I'm going to try to eat and cook healthier foods for myself. I got two new cookbooks from my mom and I can't wait to start using them. My grandma told me that it takes time to cook and of course being a student, time is something that I don't have. Second, I am going to try to exercise more. I know I made this one of my resolutions last year and I always put it off. And yes, I know I'm a health major, I'm supposed to be the healthy one. Yeah. Third, I want to try and move out of my t-shirt stage and try to look nice on weekends (meaning Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and occasionally Thursday) which means trying to do more shopping to find nice clothes as well as some jewelry to wear and look nice. I mean, I'm almost in the real world. Sorta. Last, I want to try and blog more cause I know y'all love to read my blog.

I can't make any promises, but I am going to try and stick to them as best as I can :)

2 comments:

  1. Similar resolutions to mine! We can do it!

    And I for one, looooove reading your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know this amazing little place where you can buy jewelry! It's in Bartlett... Maybe you've heard of me :-p

    ReplyDelete