Thursday, February 24, 2011

Deepest Desire

So I started this post the other night when I was studying but I never had a chance to finish it. And now that it's Friday afternoon I have time to tell you all about one of my deepest desires (or want/wish/whatever you would like to call it). In case you don't know, I am a total dog lover. Cats are ehhh, but I love two cats (Sockz at my grandparents house and Betsy's cat Sylar! They are not your normal lazy house cats). And FYI, I am seriously allergic to both. Like sneezy runny nose, watery itchy eyes, can't breathe out of my nose, and occasional itchy red welps all over my arms and legs allergic. And yet I still want a dog. In my life there have been 6 dogs (Mutton, Puddles, Blackie, Murphy, Daisy and Sammy) that I love and eventually I build up an immunity to them granted I hang around them long enough. So now for my story....

Last weekend when Shala was visiting Erik, we went to the indoor range Saturday afternoon. Across the parking lot from the range is Petco. Every Saturday and Sunday an organization called God's Little Creatures comes to Petco and brings puppies and dogs that need a loving home. While we were waiting for a lane to open at the range, Shala and I stopped by Petco. And I fell in love with the cutest dog. Her name is Lainey and you can see a picture of her here. I am absolutely in love with her, and I want her as soon as possible. The shelter has had her for at least 2 years, and she seems to be 3 or 4 years old, maybe even older (I didn't ask) especially since she had this sad, lonely look in her eye and if I had asked enough questions I would have taken her home with me. I hate that she hasn't found a home yet, but everyone else there was paying attention to the 6 month old puppies and I worry that she won't ever find a home. So I might just go visit here tomorrow and you should come see her with me!


Perfect, right?

If you can't read it, here they are (or you can click on the link below the picture for a better quality photo)

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you will be painful to me. Remember that before you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me. It's crucial to my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it.
7. Remember before you hit me: I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say: "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Remember that I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment