Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shame On Me...

for not having updated in almost a week. Sorry guys. Things have been busy/stressful/irritating/chill/whatever else you can think of. A lot has happened since my last update. If I start to ramble, please forgive me :) I have several things on my mind currently that I should work on instead of this. Love my priorities!

So Thursday was rather busy, I had my first exam of the semester (which I totally bombed because I didn't want to study) plus work then OT shadowing. Andrew and Erik were supposed to come over for dinner but they both cancelled and I was mad at them. Mostly mad at Andrew just because we never fight (so the little things irritate me) so I guess it was good for us haha. I also drove to Conroe to meet my mom and sister. As you may (or may not remember) my mom's birthday was the 4th and she was heading to Houston to celebrate with her family. So Megan spent the weekend with me! Friday after my classes we did some shopping at Old Navy, Wal-Mart, HEB, and had a chill evening with dinner and the movie You Again. Super cute movie! Slightly typical ending, but Betty White was great! I also baked a red velvet cake in honor of Valentine's Day but it was a total flop. The cake didn't get cooked all the way on the inside and was overcooked on the outside. And I knew Andrew would hate the frosting, so I have an entire cake to eat by myself. It might just get thrown away. We'll see.

Saturday morning Megan and I got up and drove to Houston to do some shopping at the Galleria! Ooooooh, Ahhhhhh! Not really. I didn't find a single thing in any of the stores we went to. Oh well. So goes shopping when you're a giant. We spent about 6 hours there, and left just in time to have dinner at Andrew's house! His mom was so sweet to have us over for dinner, I couldn't stop saying thank you. Sunday we didn't go to church because we were exhausted, instead just had pancakes and got on the road to meet my mom in Conroe again. As soon as I got back from Conroe, I had to get ready for my first intramural basketball game of the semester. Holy cow I am beyond out of shape. And I had to play the entire 40 minutes. I was dead. I still feel dead. Maybe not, but I am still extremely sore. We won 69-36, they stopped the game early due to the mercy rule in place. Andrew was a total beast. He had a bazillion rebounds and at least 20 points. I felt very worthless, but I did have a few rebounds and a blocked shot lol. Its tough trying to get in there and out-rebound the guys who can jump like frogs. But I managed to do it! Andrew and I came back to my place, got cleaned up, had dinner and did homework. Too bad I got sick about 30 minutes after eating dinner. Not cool.

Obviously yesterday was Valentine's Day, and Andrew got me a stuffed animal and a dozen red roses. He came over for dinner last night (lemon pasta with roasted shrimp) and I thought it was a bit of a flop, but he liked it. We are planning to actually go out to eat on an actual date sooner or later. I can't even remember the last time we went out (just the two of us) and he paid for my meal. Such a stingy penny pincher frugal boy. But I'm used to it.

Tomorrow I have a paper due and a Neuroscience exam. Thankfully I have the rest of the afternoon/evening to study and get everything done. Andrew has a basketball game with his intramural team tonight, and I hope I can go watch and be his good girlfriend/cheerleader. Or maybe I'll just yell at the refs because they don't know the calls and I know the game better than them (heh).

As for the rest of my week, I have nothing going on. What a relief! Sorry for this post being extra long, had lots to fill you in on!

1 comment: