Monday, March 21, 2011

Back From the Break

Wow, I can't believe that it's been over a week since my last update. Sorry about that! I tried to stay away from a computer most of the time so I could enjoy the break as much as possible. The 3 and a half days spent at home were nice, I got to catch up on my sleep (yay!) and catch up with people I haven't seen in quite some time.

*note*: I have tons of pictures of these people but they all happen to be on the desktop at my mom's house. so, pictures may come later. but it's doubtful. I also considered the option of using facebook pictures and decided against it. I really need to start using my camera more.

Anyways, I got to spend some time with Marcus and Corie! Yay! Marcus is my best guy friend from high school. We met in 7th grade. And he's short. But I love him to death. He was on leave for the last 2 weeks from Iraq, and I am super excited that he will be coming back for good in August. When I say for good, I mean for at least 19 months. Or something like that. But he hasn't changed at all. Except that we both drink ;)

Corie and I have known each other since middle school. She's a year younger than me but our sisters became BFFs when Megan and I switched over to public school. And then they switched schools and I didn't see them for a few years, but ended up going to the same church and we became great friends! Shortly after that they moved to Oklahoma. We kept in touch here and there, but it was hard. And she came to visit for a few days, and it was like nothing had changed. It was great! And I can't wait to see both of them again really soon!

After those exciting few days (I also did some looking at OT schools and requirements/application deadlines, I'll save that for another post), I decided to head to Houston to visit Andrew. Hooray! Thursday was spent driving to Houston, Friday was hitting up the outlet mall with Sammie where I bought the cutest dress! I plan to wear it for Easter since it is a spring color dress, and again for Ashley's wedding! Yay! Saturday was kinda boring, but Andrew bought tickets to see Brad Paisley! It was fabulous! Once again, I didn't have my camera and didn't take any pictures. Poo poo. Oh well. Sunday was for church, lunch, and driving back to CS. I spent the afternoon unpacking my stuff, and working on an officer application for one of my organizations. Let's hope I get the position! And I went to the movies with Andrew and Erik (I have another story to tell!) and we saw Battle Los Angeles in extreme digital HD (or whatever they have at Cinemark). Loved it and you should go see it!

Today started off good, and is still going good! I half expected it to be horrible, like the first day back from spring break always is, but it really wasn't. And I don't have a ton of stuff going on this week, but I do have some homework, online quizzes, and an exam on Friday. Guess I better get crackin'!

How was your break?

No comments:

Post a Comment