Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On My Heart


As I mentioned in my post yesterday, I spent a few days in Houston with Andrew. On Sunday we went to church (he's gone there his entire life) and then to Sunday school. I always look forward to seeing the college group leaders and the few people who are there that I know from going on summer retreats in the past. And there's one guy named Alex that Andrew is pretty good friends with. Alex and his wife Stephany got married early in life, and moved out to Midland over a year ago (I honestly can't believe it's been that long). Anyways, Alex was visiting for a work conference and asked if he could do a testimony sort of thing during Sunday school. He ended up telling everyone that they had been called to go to Africa to do mission work. Of course, they might have preferred to go to South America where they can both speak Spanish fluently but God works in mysterious ways. So Alex will be quitting his job and they will be leaving in August with nothing but a backpack and just seeing where God takes them. Kinda weird, huh? Then Alex asked everyone a serious question. I don't even remember the question but I remember thinking "what if I've been to busy with school to listen to what God is trying to tell me?" and then I thought "if I'm on the wrong track, then I won't get into OT school". Right? I don't know. Sometimes (or most of the time) when my head hits my pillow at night I forget to pray. I don't read my bible often, just at church because I don't make time for it. I've got a long ways to walk.

But what I do know is that God is doing great things in people's lives every day. I just need to open my eyes and heart more to see him. We all need to have faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment