Sunday, June 5, 2011

New York City

I was finally able to get through all of the pictures from my trip to New York, and here are a few a lot of my favorites! And just to give you a little background about the trip (in case you don't read frequently) my mom, sister, aunt and cousin went up to New York 2 days before I did, and unfortunately I missed some of the art museums and nicer weather.

standing in Rockefeller Center. Behind us is where the film the Today SHOW!

Prometheus sculpture at the Rockefeller Center. During the Christmas season, he is surrounded by ice and a giant tree

beautiful fountains around Rockefeller Center

St. Patrick's Cathedral



giant stain-glass window inside St. Patrick's

sculpture of Atlas, holding up the world

Radio City music hall, where dozens of musicians have performed, as well as the Rockettes.

dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner, where the waiters & waitresses are aspiring singers/performers trying to make it to Broadway. It was delicious!

Times Square! Our cousin Madeline is between us (and she is standing on a bench). Need I say more?

while waiting to catch the ferry to head to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, we walked through Battery Park and before boarding the ferry saw this sculpture that represents sailors from the US fleet saving a drowning man

Megan, my mom, and me in front of the Statue of Liberty! She wasn't as massive as I thought she would be and unfortunately the weather was terrible so we didn't stick around too long

Megan and me excited to be in front of Lady Liberty

Megan next to the infamous Wall Street Bull. Several people were touching the bull testicles on the other side, perhaps it brings good luck in other countries?

9/11 Memorial Wall next to the fire station




Me and Megan at Grand Central Station. The ceiling was so cool! It was turquoise and covered in gold painted zodiac animals


Me, Madeline and Megan in front of the Guggenheim Museum. My favorite piece of art was Wassily Kandinsky's "Several Circles"


Inside the Guggenheim. Left to right: me, Megan, Madeline, and my aunt Angela

Amazing view of Central Park from the top of the Rockefeller Center. Did you know that the Rock is 800 feet tall??

I have the cutest mom in the world! Us at the top of the Rock

Wicked on BROADWAY! It was amazing, words cannot describe how great it was. Plus, I got a few signatures!

My aunt, Megan, Madeline and me on the TODAY show! Being on tv was super exciting and totally worth waking up around 5:30am!

Can you say Matt Lauer and Al Roker on the Today show!??! Right there in person!

From left to right: Matt Lauer, Ann Curry, Al Roker, and Meredith Viera on the Today Show!

And then to make things even cooler we got to be on "Who Knew" with Kathy Lee and Hoda on the Today Show a few hours late. You can see our segment that was aired here.

Kathy Lee Gifford up close and in person!

Me, Madeline, Megan and my aunt at FAO Schwartz. Biggest and most expensive toy store I've ever seen

Central Park! We didn't actually walk inside the park because you can get lost in there and it was really hot outside and I don't think anybody really wanted to walk through it, but it was still really cool!

Megan and I at the Highland Park. This park was built over an abandoned rail road track and was built using only recycled materials. Pretty awesome place!

Our last big stop before leaving New York was Chinatown! We did quite a bit of shopping but didn't buy very much.

Last but not least is the loft that we stayed at. It was rather tiny, here you can see the kitchen on the right, the bathroom behind the kitchen table, and to the left are bunk beds and further back was a king size bed. There was also a couch on the right by the tv that you can't see.

Going to New York was an unforgettable vacation that I will never forget! If you can ever get the chance to go to New York DO IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN! There were tons of people, and even some people that wanted to take pictures with Megan and me because they had never seen people that tall. It was almost like being a celebrity, but not quite. Hope you enjoyed the pictures! And just FYI, it is now Tuesday night which means it took FOREVER for these pictures to upload. Better late than never though!

No comments:

Post a Comment