Monday, June 20, 2011

UTMB and Florida

Whew! What a busy week its been. I worked all last week and on Thursday my mom and I drove to Galveston to attend UTMB's Open House. There are only 5 or 6 Masters OT programs in Texas, and I think UTMB is now one of my top choices. Mostly because the building looks very nice and new plus a lot of my family lives in the Houston/Galveston area and I would really enjoy being close to them. But I'm really skeptical about actually getting into to OT school because it is extremely competitive. I found out that there are only 54 spots for students entering in the fall of 2012 and they get an average of 100-150 applicants every year. Hearing that makes me really nervous especially because I don't look great on paper as I do in person. Make sense? But perhaps things will go smoothly and it will all work out.

More exciting news is that Megan and I only have ONE WEEK until we leave for Florida!! My beach body is definitely not ready, but its too late now. Besides, I'm not out to impress anybody except for Andrew :)

Can you believe that we are almost in JULY?!?! Where is the summer going??

1 comment:

  1. Take it from someone who didn't make it into a school she applied to - you need to try anyway! I would have regretted it if I hadn't. Plus, I know you'll get in because you have your heart set on it.

    When I didn't get into grad school, I always said it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". You'll do it no matter what.

    Good luck applying!!

    ReplyDelete