Sunday, July 17, 2011

Almost in the Working World

Tomorrow starts my first day as a volunteer at one of the hospitals here in Longview. After nearly two months of paperwork and testing I have finally been cleared to volunteer, and I'm only left with two weeks. How sad to think that I started this whole process on May 17th and now that the summer is almost over, I can finally get to work on getting my last few OT shadowing hours in before submitting my applications.

Volunteering at the hospital is plenty complicated. Besides the strict clearance policy that every person has to go through, the uniform is just as irritating. Volunteers are required to wear a white shirt, white pants, white shoes, and a yellow vest or blouse given to you by the hospital along with your name badge. I had the hardest time finding white pants. Eventually I just decided to order a pair of white scrub pants and they are perfect! Granted, I don't know what I'll do when I need to wear those same pants every day for the next two weeks (whether to wash the every day or every other day, etc..) but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Or I'll just start to smell weird! Just kidding :)

Wish me luck on my first day of volunteering!

1 comment: