Sunday, August 14, 2011

Almost One Week!

It's been almost a whole week since I had my gallbladder taken out, and things are almost completely back to normal--minus the whole not eating much at every meal and not being able to stand up all the way--and I am definitely thrilled! On Wednesday, Andrew drove up from CS to check on me and he told me two very important things #1 being that he saw a huge improvement in me physically in the few days that he was here, and #2 he could tell that I've lost quite a bit of weight from not eating and from surgery. Not quite the way I wanted to start losing weight but I suppose it's a start! Andrew left Friday evening and went back to Houston so that he could enjoy a little time home before classes start up again.

Have you ever felt like you're stuck in a hole and things don't seem like changing any time soon? That's where I'm at right now. I moved into a new place with new roommates and a new school year is about to start. It will be my FIFTH year at A&M, and with the exception of 2 or 3 people my age, most of my friends have graduated and even though I have lots of friends through my health classes and work, I feel like I've lost everyone and that makes me HATE this upcoming school year. I mean, yes I know lots of people, and yes, Andrew's brother Austin and his girlfriend Audrey will both be there too, but all of the people I was super close to at school have graduated and moved home. And I know Sammie feels the same way, with living at home and being away from all her friends, so I'm sure some of you are feeling the same way. Plus, with it being my 5th year at A&M, I'm actually feeling burned out with school. I should have graduated in May, and I should be starting OT school. I know God has a plan for me, but I really don't like where I'm at right now.

So I either need to work hard and make new friends or work harder and make some of my friendships more than what they are. Here's hoping that I can do both (or try really hard)!

3 comments:

  1. Hate is a vast understatement for my current situation... Blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope you have an amazing school year, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I was thinking this exact thing yesterday. I feel the same way about having all of my friends go back to college. I need new friends too!

    ReplyDelete