Monday, August 8, 2011

Reckless Abandonment

I have been such a bad blogger! Things have been crazy since my last post. I managed to survive my OT shadowing at the hospital, moved back to CS and into a lovely house with two of the most fabulous girls around, went on an amazing church retreat with Andrew and God is doing UNBELIEVABLE things in my life, and now I'm back home for surgery tomorrow. Yes, you read that right, I am having SURGERY tomorrow at 9am. In a nutshell, my gallbladder isn't functioning at all and its leaking bile into my abdomen and could potentially harm my other organs. Meaning that this surgery can't wait any longer. I have to be up at the hospital at 7am, the procedure is scheduled for 9;00 and should take about an hour, then they can keep me as long as they want but I will be able to go home tomorrow rather than staying overnight. Yay! Everything with surgery should go smoothly, but in case they don't they will have to cut me open and I've already signed DNR paperwork (if things go horribly wrong) as well and medical power of attorney paperwork. So please pray for me tonight/tomorrow and this whole week that I have great surgeons and a quick recovery! After surgery (and summer school finals) Andrew is planning to come visit and make sure I'm doing okay. I love him so much and I hope that we get to spend the rest of our lives together ♥

Sorry for not updating sooner, but I promise if I feel up to it I will be blogging every day this week! There are so many awesome things that I can't wait to tell you all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment