Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Successful Surgery

Everything went really well this morning with my gallbladder surgery! I had to be at the hospital at 7am for surgery at 9 and I spent most of my time waiting in the pre-op room, operating room holding area, and two different recovery areas. Once I was in the OR they realized I was too tall for their beds. Go figure lol. They laid me out and stretched both my arms out and put an oxygen mask on. Everything was blurry without my glasses but it didn't matter cause I was out ASAP. The last thing I remember was asking them to adjust my oxygen mask (it didn't reach far enough for me lol). After that I went to recovery where someone monitored me for awhile and I drifted in and out of consciousness. Finally I went downstairs where my family was able to see me. I stayed there for about 3 hours and when things first got started, the anesthesia made me so nauseated that I was to the point of tears but I needed the OK from the doc to take something stronger. And I got it after what felt like an hour or two. So now I'm home, almost ready for another nap. I'll keep you posted as to how I'm feeling! Thanks for all the sweet thoughts and prayers!!

PS: THIS IS MY 200th POST!! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Phew. I'm so glad they didn't need to use your DNR paperwork at the hospital. :P

    ReplyDelete