Monday, February 6, 2012

Living in the Real World...Almost.

I really can't believe that it is already February. I was definitely wrong in my last post about this being a chill semester. I'm thoroughly enjoying not having hardly any homework, but with all this extra time, it's been taken away by work.

So what all has happened since the last first day of my undergrad semester? Well, I got my hours worked out at CAHRL (child and adolescent health research lab) which is on-campus and I have to work 120 hours in the lab by the end of the semester. Then there's work. The office secretary came to me last week or so and asked me if I was willing to help him in the office for the semester, and told me that I would be able to work 15 hours/week rather than the eight that I worked last semester. Of course I said yes because I love my job! And then there's my 482 class and bowling, which aren't very exciting or stressful. So my time spent on campus is about 9-5 every day except for Fridays, which really isn't bad and it's almost like I'm living in the real world!

In other news, my old boss was offered a better job in San Antonio and she will be leaving on the 17th. Everyone is sad to see her go, and it seems that the program is having a difficult time keeping that position filled. I hate to see her go, but I know she will love being with her boyfriend (in the same town) and enjoy her new job.

This past weekend I went home for my mom's birthday, and she loved every minute of it! Sadly, a damper was put on my weekend Friday night when I found out that I have been rejected from two OT schools. It seems that nobody wants me, regardless that I have over 100 hours of observation (which I think is more important than having a 4.0 because if you don't know what you're getting into, you may end up hating it). I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 other schools, of which one is doubtful and the other is still possible (and probably my only hope)!!

Additionally, I bought the P90X workout DVDs, and I'm ready to knock off some pounds! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment