Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The First Half of my Uneventful Break

As you can imagine, my spring break wasn't all that exciting. But I loved every minute of it. The Friday starting off spring break was uneventful, and Andrew and I drove to Houston for the weekend. The weather was horrible all weekend long (remember all that rain!??!) and all we did was stay indoors. The best part of the weekend was a going-away party that Andrew & I went to for Erik and Shala. I don't think I've had a chance to mention this (maybe I already have), but Erik joined the Navy before graduating and they are now in South Carolina since Erik has to go to Power School. It was just a low-key dinner with their families at Erik's parents' house and I loved it.


Andrew and Erik have been friends for a really long time (they were in Cub Scouts together). Hooray for lifetime friends!

After the party, Andrew and I headed over to Jake's house (Andrew always sees his friends when we go to Houston!), where we played with puppies and kittens which killed my allergies but it was so worth it, watched some Law & Order: SVU, and played an awesome game called "You Don't Know Jack". It was a great end to a fabulous weekend. Of course Andrew had to be at work Monday morning so we woke up at 6:30 in order to get back to CS in time. Whew! Stay tuned because tomorrow you will get to hear the REALLY exciting stuff. Promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment