Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating our Independence


Andrew and I had a wonderful 4th of July, starting with the drive to Houston the evening before. Even the weenies and Alan joined us for the trip! Tuesday night after we arrived we did absolutely nothing but visit and catch up with everybody. Wednesday was quite lovely, I got to sleep in a little bit then fell back asleep on the couch after taking care of the dogs. Alissa and I helped Mrs. Tucker in the kitchen--we made a blueberry crisp and a fruit tart, both of which were delicious--and we prepared everything for a family lunch. There was lots of laughing at the table! After lunch we played several rounds of Bananagrams, then switched gears and played In a Pickle (which I have never played but it was really fun!) because Andrew doesn't care for word games. The afternoon included another nap on the couch, grilled hot dogs and s'mores were for dinner, and the neighborhood fireworks show concluded our evening. Unfortunately, we had to make the drive back to College Station, and I fell asleep shortly after getting on the road.

All in all it was a wonderful 4th of July, and it could have only been better if I had been with my family!

Happy Independence Day, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment