Thursday, July 12, 2012

Good News All Around


Rather than stalling and blabbing about things that have been going on this week, I'm just going to tell you all of my good news!

First, as of Saturday morning I have lost THREE pounds! I started using an app called MyFitnessPal, and you can track what you eat, as well as how much exercise you get and other things too. You set goals for yourself (like the weight I want to be at) and after each day is over you can submit your info for the day and then it guesstimates how much you would weigh in 5 weeks if "every day were like today". So far I'm off to a good start!

Next, I talked to an academic advisor about a position I applied for. Out of the 45 applicants they had, I made it to the top 10, but I still don't know if I will get an interview or not...so I get to wait a little bit longer. But hooray for making it that far in the application process!

Third, I have been going to the gym nearly every single day. Saturday I went to boot camp, it was intense as always, Mondays & Wednesdays I go to cycling for an hour, Tuesdays I go to kickboxing, and Thursdays I go to Zumba. This week has been especially hard because I haven't taken a single break each day. I am SO SORE. But like they say, no pain, no gain!

Last, my sister is coming to visit this weekend! It's going to be a really short weekend because she has to work Saturday but she will be here TONIGHT and I am so excited to see her! We haven't seen each other since Memorial Day. That's way too long for sisters to be separated. The next few days are going to be quite fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. A great update! I'm thrilled for your progress in both areas, congrats and keep it up! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for losing weight! I am about to embark on a similar project for myself. I want to lose weight too! I love hearing your tips. Stay motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete