Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Insta-Weekend!

So while I'm waiting on my laundry to finish, I figured I should do a quick update on life lately! Things are getting extra busy at work since the fall semester starts on Monday. Where did August GO??? But I am thankful that the weather might be getting just a bit cooler.

This weekend I got to go home to see my family (and get all my annual appointments in...) and I had a fantastic 3 day weekend! I feel like I used Instagram for everything this weekend, but I really didn't! So I took Friday off, and Thursday night before leaving I got to have dinner with not only Andrew, but his mom and brother, Austin! Unfortunately, I got too busy talking and lost track of time. I finally made it home around 11:30pm. Oops. In the wee hours of Friday morning, the neighbors across the street had a tragedy happen. Their house caught fire around 5am, and it has been destroyed. They lost just about everything, but God was definitely watching over them---they are all fine, and their 3 puppies are okay too!

Friday was my doctor day, and there was a nice long nap in there too! Saturday was pretty boring, though I did chop off 5 inches of hair! It's a little too short for my preference, but it will always grow back! Saturday night my dad, his friend Donna, and I went out for dinner to Johnny Cace's. Delicious! On Sunday, Megan and I went to church with Dad, then had a fantastic lunch with my mom and her boyfriend. There was another nap on Sunday before getting on the road to come back to C-Stat.

There were 5 firetrucks on the street that morning, and you can see how awful the house looks the day after (Saturday)




Pre-dinner photo! Have I mentioned how badly I want a new iPhone just so I can take pictures like this?!?!

Happy weenie family reunited! Daisy, Ruthie, Sammy, and Gracie!

Church with Dad on Sunday! We kinda match!

All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I am so happy that I got to make a trip home to see my family!

1 comment:

  1. Cute photos! I like how you & your dad are almost matching :)

    ReplyDelete