Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Finally Finished

It's only taken me 6 months to get through The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. Whew. Mind you, when I started, the semester was coming to an end and I was getting ready to graduate from college. Since then, I've been working like a crazy woman. Like I had three jobs at one point crazy.

What did I think about it?

It was very slow to start out, the first 100-150 pages seemed to just drrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaggggggggggggg on like it would never end. Then it picked up, and I was able to plow through it these last few weeks with my new job. In case you live under a rock, this book was the third in a trilogy that became popular last Christmas due to the first book making its movie debut--all three books were translated from Swedish to English, and Swedish movies have already been made.

The book picks up at the end of the second book, and Lisbeth is in the hospital and Blomkvist has been arrested. Lisbeth's father, Zalachenko, is also in the same hospital. Blomkvist realizes that his job is to clear Lisbeth's name of everything that has happened, up since 1991. Zalachenko is another problem, which must be solved by the Section, a secret group of Security Police, and they have been responsible for screwing up Lisbeth's life. In the end, Lisbeth goes to court to fight the numerous charges that have been brought against her and regain total control of her life and affairs.

Sounds kinda boring right? It's the little details that make the book!

What's next on my reading list? The Five Love Languages Singles Edition by Gary Chapman. Thanks to Andrew's dad....yay. Three and a half  years of dating and Mr. T still considers me to be single. Ouch. But I'm excited to read it regardless!

The Five Love Languages Singles Edition

1 comment:

  1. Love languages are powerful and help in ALL relationships!! :)

    ReplyDelete