Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Dad

This morning at 6:00am my dad went in for heart surgery, again.

Two and a half years ago he had quintuple bypass surgery and everything seemed to be going well. A few weeks ago my dad went in for a stress test, and failed it. Last Wednesday they went in to see what was wrong, and some of the bypasses hadn't worked properly. On Friday they officially decided that my dad would need surgery again. So the doctors took him in early this morning and put 4 stents in his heart to reopen everything back up.

My dad called me last night just to say hi, and I couldn't help but think that last night could have been the last night I would ever talk to him, or hear me tell him that I love him! It pretty much sucked.

I called my dad around 10:30, and I figured he was probably still in surgery and that it would go to voicemail or another family member/friend would answer. But instead, my dad was the one who answered! He is doing just fine! Surgery did take longer than expected, they were only supposed to put 2 or 3 stents in, but I am glad they did extra! He'll be staying in the hospital tonight, and hopefully he will go home tomorrow. I was going to be there, but I couldn't get off for work on such short notice, plus dad told me not to worrry about it. But I wish I was there right now! Here's a picture via Facebook of him (he looks pretty good if you ask me!!)


I didn't want to tell anyone about it other than my support base, because you never know what could happen. But I'm so glad that my dad is still with us and doing great!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Papa Duke is doing ok!! I was definitely worried about him..

    WHAT ABOUT THIS GOOD NEWS WE WERE PROMISED IN YOUR VERY LAST AUGUST POST?!?! A girl can't wait forever ya know!! :)

    ReplyDelete