Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

Happy Tuesday friends! Things have been super busy these last few days, but thankfully work is slow so I can update! I'm linking up with  Linny's Vault for 10 on Tuesday! Just to let you know, the list of 10 can be about anything...I think. Here we go!



One.
Sunday was Andrew's 24th. He's almost a quarter of a century old! He slept in, came to my house around 2pm, and his parents drove up from Houston. Wanna know what I got him? SKYDIVING TICKETS. Yeah. I'm kinda terrified, but he is super excited and I can't wait!

Left: Andrew and his younger brother Austin. Top Right: Strawberry cake with 24 candles
Bottom Right: Us at Chili's for dinner with some friends
Two.
Speaking of birthdays this past weekend, I have 32196875241657987 friends that have/had their birthday since Thursday. Shoutout to them! Especially Shelby--she's finally 21, Ashley (who turned 24 too), and my sweet cousin Lindsey!

Three.
My allergies are going nuts today. I have no idea what changed, the last few weeks have been bothering everyone and just as everyone is getting better I get worse. I have sneezed at least 17 times today, but who's really counting?

Four.
I am so proud of myself for getting my butt out of bed and actually going to the gym today. I was sleeping so good, and then my alarm went off. I turned it off and rolled over to go back to sleep (after getting up to the bathroom) but I couldn't. So I went to cycling, and it was intense, but apparently I am crazy because after cycling I decided to go to core. My abs are killing me! But I feel good, so it was totally worth it.....and I picked up 2 pounds. Dadgum water weight :(

Five.
Is anyone as excited as me and Linny for Once Upon a Time and Revenge to start on Sunday?!?!?! I was so afraid that I would have to watch them online because I work weeknights, but they have both been moved to Sunday nights! Hooray! This past weekend I got all caught up on Revenge--I missed the last 5 or 6 episodes because of school stuff.


Revenge Season 2 Cast

Six.
Did I mention that I am also super excited about the new season of Dexter?? Too bad I don't get Showtime cause I would totally be watching Dexter instead of Revenge. #sorryimnotsorry

Dexter & Deb's hands are bugging me...so fake and weird looking.
Seven.
This is my last talk about television. I've been watching Breaking Amish on TLC since it started a few weeks ago. Yesterday I found out that it isn't really "true". TLC initially promoted the show as young adults going to NYC for the first time. Things like marriage licenses and divorce decrees and photos have surfaced online, showing that this is not their first time to leave the Amish/Mennonite communities. I'm disappointed that I was misled, but I'm definitely going to keep watching. Besides, isn't 99.9% of television fake in some way?

Eight.
Earlier I mentioned that I was at work. I'm still here--I work at a testing center for the university. There is a phone in the monitoring office where I work, but it never rings unless it is my boss on the intercom. So when it rings I always answer with "Yes ma'am?" Well, the one time when I don't look at the phone before answering is the one time that a test taker calls. And it was an older gentleman. Oops. But he was a good sport about it, and hopefully he will laugh when I explain the story to him!

Nine.
Have y'all heard of Gangnam Style? It's a song, and there are dance moves that go with it. Here's the video:



Why did I show you that video? Because the president of the university danced to the song at Midnight Yell this past weekend and it was AWESOME.



See? Awesome.

Ten. 
On Friday, James Lovell is coming to Texas A&M to present an award to an Aerospace Engineering student who's receiving some scholarship. I don't know why, and I don't really care, but I'm thrilled to meet an astronaut!! Don't know who James Lovell is? (I didn't either until I watched Apollo 13). He was played by Tom Hanks in the movie, and has also been on flights including Gemini 7 & 12, and Apollo 8. Pretty freaking awesome. I'm also gonna get his autograph, or try really hard.

Successful first 10 on Tuesday? I think so!...and I thought I was going to run out of stuff to talk about!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Dude, youre ballsy. Dont think I could ever do it but that's one awesome gift.
    3. Ugh, allergies suck.
    4. Go you! That's awesome. I've been trying to get my lazy butt to the gym for months & still prefer to lay there like a bum.
    5. Eeek! Just got even more excited seeing these photos haha.
    6. OMG, I love this show so much. There have been times when I've chosen to watch Dexter instead of OUAT. A hot ass serial killer takes precedence over all else.
    8. Awkward.
    9. Everyone's doing this crazy dance, so funny.
    10. Never heard of him, which is def sad, but that's still pretty cool. Who knows, that signature may be worth something someday.

    Thanks for linking up! And, yes I'd say it was very successful.

    ReplyDelete