Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Wish Decisions Were Easy

The past few weeks have been more difficult than normal. My budget is really tight these days--with student loans to pay and Christmas & birthdays coming up in a few weeks. Last Friday I had a Starbucks date with two of my friends, and they were telling me everything that has happened since my job with FOCUS was terminated (NO I wasn't fired...) with the coordinators and other mentors. It made me realize how much I miss working with college students, and there are potentially 2 job openings in the near future that would allow me to work with college students.

The big problem is, what about grad school? I'm 90% finished with my last Occupational Therapy application, and I've decided that if I don't get in this time then it's not meant to be for right now. What about the program here at A&M for Health Administration? I love my job at the assisted living home, and getting my MHA would seem appropriate. Plus, Andrew will be here for 2+ years getting his Master's degree too.

So, do I try for a full time position to shove myself into "adulthood" faster and work my life away? And I know that if I do get a full time job I would be much less likely to go back to grad school later. Or do I keep attempting to further my education for the potential to do better in whatever field I go into?

Ugh. Sometimes I hate life. And making hard decisions. How do you make these big life decisions? Help!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are pretty big decisions. My first piece of advice would be to do what your gut tells you. I know that's pretty much a cop out & basically saying 'I have no damn clue what you should do,' but it's true. Most of the time you already know what you want to do deep down inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go with your gut... Seriously.. You have that feeling in the pit of your stomach that's telling you what to do. Go with that. I didn't aaaaaaand I got my arse fired... Trust me when I say your gut does not lie!

    ReplyDelete