Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Too-Short Vacation

So what exactly did I do over the 2 week Christmas vacation that I had? Plenty of things! It almost felt like it wasn't time off because I was so busy. I spent most of the time at home, but I did plenty of other things, like....

Attended Marcus & Jill's wedding! Marcus is my best guy friend from high school, and he had the biggest crush on Jill back in the day! I'm so happy for both of them, and I got to see some girls that I haven't seen since graduation. 

Friends since childhood! Libby & I go all the way back to 1990/91. 
Girls from high school! We all look about the same, some of us have gained weight though...and by us I mean ME.

New vehicle registration! My dad got a truck that almost looks exactly like this....and I WANT IT.

Shopping! I did most of my shopping before going home, but there were still a few things on my list! And I had to wrap everything.

Babysitting these sweet girls!
Mary & her hubs went out of town so I was on weenie duty with Ruthie & Gracie (known to Andrew as Wingus  & Dingus)

Catching up on some ZZZzzzzs. Much needed!

Two trips to Houston, both within the same week--and it's about a 4 hour drive ONE WAY. The first trip was to celebrate my sister's 21st birthday!

Girls @ Howl At The Moon 
Hahahahaha. Happy birthday to my sister :)
She even managed to get a guy's phone number!
In case you can't see it, the High Rollers board says "Hi, Megan! My name is _____" and gave his phone number. He bought all of us a round of shots, they were gross. He was nice but really shy and we don't live near the Houston area. Womp womp.

The second trip was to visit Andrew for NYE! Last year, I was out of the country and I don't remember the year before. I think Andrew came to visit me. Anyways, we had a blast with some of his friends ringing in the new year!


Other than that, I had a pretty chill time at home. Of course I was always busy doing something for someone, rather than laying in bed all day every day. Some of the things I got for Christmas are:

1. James Avery Faith, Hope & Love Ring from Andrew
2. The Hunger Games on DVD
3. Bridesmaids on DVD
4. MONEY -- which I spent on bills and groceries. I do that EVERY time..
5. Thoughtful gifts from my mom, like some cute earrings & charms
6. a Fossil watch

Happy Hump Day, Y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time in December. That dress you wore to your friends wedding is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete