Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Very First Weigh-In Wednesday

button

Last week I stumbled upon this fabulous link-up, hosted by Erin and Alex, and I thought to myself "this would be so awesome!". I don't even remember how I found it but I drafted a post and told myself to do it next week. Bam! Since this is my first link-up with these sweet gals, I figured I would give a little background about my exercise stuff/plans/whateveryouwannacallit. 

I joined a gym this past summer, and got really into zumba, kickboxing, and cycling classes. I was at my heaviest weight and fresh out of college, I weighed in at a whopping 245 pounds. It does help that I'm really tall, so I can carry a few extra pounds and look fine.  During the first month or so, I actually gained a few pounds from the muscle I had built during my basketballin' days in high school. By the time Christmas rolled around, I was down to 226. Yes! And then Christmas and a job promotion happened. I now work 13 hours a day without a lunch break, 5 days a week. For about a month and a half I didn't exercise at all. And I noticed that I was getting flabby(er) again. I just HAD to get back to the gym. 

So last Monday, just over a week ago, I hit the gym. I stepped on the scale, and was at 236. Not as bad as I had thought, but definitely not good. Since I work so much, I can't get to the fitness classes that I enjoyed so much. Instead I get on the treadmill or elliptical machine and bust my ass for an hour--3 times a week. The other 2 days I work on toning my body, specifically my abs, arms, & back. So far it seems to be working, although my weight was up at the end of last week, now it seems to be back down. Tonight I'll be getting on the elliptical. My legs better get ready! And I wanted to share this week's workout pics, I'm sure you will see them later on Instagram. 


Monday night on the treadmill
Monday's weigh-in
Last night after killing my abs!
My other problem is that with working so many hours every day, I eat 2 meals a day at work. I manage to squeeze in a decent breakfast, then it's a sandwich for lunch and WW Smart Ones for dinner. I am using My Fitness Pal to keep track of everything (LET'S BE FRIENDS!) and so far things are okay--but I'm usually still hungry every day. It sucks. But I want to get my weight down to 170; that's the lowest I want to go without looking too skinny. I know I have a long road ahead of me but if I keep pushing I'll get there. Plus I have all the fabulous link-up chicas to push me too!

If you're visiting from the link-up, thanks for dropping by! Feel free to stick around and check things out!
:)

5 comments:

  1. Hey! How tall are you? I am 6'1 and I started at 245 too! I am down to 217 now and my goal is 190-200.... My fitness pal name is kscott24!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 6'4! Love meeting tall gals! And I'll add you on MFP!

      Delete
  2. stopping by from the link up. I'm a shorty but I feel your pain. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heading in the right direction. MFP is brewmama5.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found our link-up! We are about the same weight so I'm excited to share our journey together, as cheesy as that may sound! :) I'm on MFP too (shesabigstar). Hope your legs are feeling good from the elliptical yesterday!

    ReplyDelete