Thursday, February 21, 2013

Non-Scale Victories

button

Linking up today with Katie & Lex--my first time for Non-Scale Victories!

At the gym last night, I pushed myself harder than usual and once again managed to walk nearly 5 miles. It was intense, and I'm feeling pretty good today! Not to mention I'm sure I sweated nearly a gallon of water, and I've been replenishing that loss all day. Pretty sure I've made 5 or 6 bathroom trips.

This week I've been trying to eat better and consume less sugary snacks while I'm at work all day. Instead of frosted animal cookies I brought with me, I'm having an apple! But I am REALLY struggling with eating Smart Ones every single night. I've been doing this since September or October because of my hectic work schedule, and I'm getting sick of it. How do I find time to cook?!?!?

On the plus side, I'm feeling a little skinny today! Or maybe it's just my super-tight, old jeans are stretching out. BUT I think I'm losing inches--be positive :)

Hope your Thursday is:
Yeah.

Oh, and my best gal from college (heyyyyyyyyyyyy SEXY SAMMIE) gave me a shoutout over on her blog today! Check her out :)

button

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up...I struggle with finding time to cook, so I've recently started doing a meal prep and it has helped so much.

    -Sarah @ messofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's inches lost after all the exercise you are doing! It's blooming hard to try and eat healthy when you are working that hard and don't have enough time to cook.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up and sharing! Pushing yourself and walking 5 miles is an amazing NSV! I hope to work up to doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went through a period when I was eating smart ones all the time...it does get tiring. My suggestion would be to find a handful of quick recipes and make enough for leftovers. It at least would give you a good start....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a new follower. I love this non-scale victory linkup. Kinda takes the focus off what that damn scale says and puts it on what you're actually achieving, which is how it should be. Great job on your walk!

    xo Ami
    a champagne dream

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT blog with tons of great advice and inspiration
    XO

    ReplyDelete