Monday, February 18, 2013

Weekend Recap

My weekend was just ALL OVER THE PLACE, in a good way. Friday night I had signed up to participate in the Glow 5K that's hosted on campus every single year. There are easily 3000 students/faculty that participate each year--how awesome is that! I got off work an hour early so I wouldn't miss the start of the race. It was cold and rainy, and I was not at all interested in jogging in that kind of weather. Thankfully though, the rain let up as soon as my friend Chelsea & I got to campus, and Chelsea's friend Hemy also went with us. We walked so slow...everyone was moving at a glacial pace, and it took us about an hour to finish. All in all, it was fantastic! Afterwards, Chelsea & I hung out at her apartment eating snacks and watching TV.

Before the race--did I mention everyone got some free glowsticks?
After the race
I was completely worthless all day Saturday, I had plenty of things to do but I never did ANYTHING. I did check my email though, and won this this awesome giveaway from Love, Sarah K & some other fantastic ladies! Thanks again :) I seriously cannot believe that I won--and I'm anxiously awaiting for some of my gifts to arrive! My sister came to visit Saturday night, and we did a little bit of shopping and lots of laying around.

Sunday was super exciting because my mom came to visit! She has business meetings in Austin every now and then, and stops here whenever she comes down. I hadn't seen my mom since Christmas and I was so happy that I got to spend the afternoon with her & Megan. We went out for lunch, did more shopping, and chatted until it was time for my sister & mom to both hit the road. Things were quiet the rest of the evening--Andrew & I went to HEB and cooked dinner, and we watched The Walking Dead & I managed to catch the last 40 minutes of Downton Abbey. I'll only say this--WHY??!??! Dangit.

How was your weekend? Laid-back & chill or a little busy? Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment