Monday, March 4, 2013

Blah Blah Blah.


Let's jump right in, shall we?

I did absolutely NOTHING this weekend. For real, nothing at all. I sat around my house practically all weekend, except for Saturday night. I got super excited Friday afternoon when the mailman delivered a package from Sam who blogs over at Simply Sam. Go check her out! The sweet goodies I got included: a pink lemonade lollipop, some Peeps, 2 shades of Essie nail polish, and some Fun Dip! Yum!


My sister was in town for the weekend, and we went out to eat Saturday night with Andrew and his brother Austin. Of course, I forgot to take any pictures....silly me. I also found a delicious recipes for homemade cinnamon rolls, and I was dying to try it out! You can find the recipe via Pinterest or here. The rising took FOREVER. And some of the dough ripped when we were rolling it up, hence some ugly-looking cinnamon rolls below. Result? They were AMAZING. And almost all gone (I wrecked some of the dough because I worked it too long and it got rough. Oh well). 


Sunday was extremely quiet, I ran a few errands with Andrew and spent the rest of my time sitting on the couch vegging out. It was fantastic. But the most exciting thing about the weekend is an email that I got this morning just before work. I have been selected to interview with an OT program--and it is the only doctoral program in the US! Pretty awesome, huh? I wanted to scream and jump up and down and let all my emotions out, but I was at work and I couldn't do that. It's the first interview I've ever received; last year all I got were rejections (7 of them, to be exact.) and it was awful. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? 


So if you live in Omaha or close to it, can I crash with you for a night or two??!? 

Last but certainly not least, I want to welcome all of my new followers! I think I may need to host a giveaway when I reach 50 or 75 followers. And I'm thinking....Starbucks, Target, Charming Charlie....the possibilities are endless! Kind of.

HAPPY MONDAY, Y'ALL! 

5 comments:

  1. Even though you think you had an uneventful weekend...it seems fun to me :)

    I also had a sister in town and had fun dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my weekend was like yours! I was ridiculously busy and got zero sleep!! Those cinnamon rolls look AMAZIIING! 39 days until vacation..so no cinnamon rolls for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me some cinnamon rolls! Yum! I gotta make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your interview, exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OBSESSSSSSED WITH CHARMING CHARLIES! That store could literally be the death of me...

    ReplyDelete