Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Liebster Award

Happy hump day, friends! I've only been working on this post for like--EVER. Things are crazy today, and I'm super sore from yesterday's accident. Whatevs. I'm gonna be a happy camper and finally getting around to what's really important--my Liebster award from Joanna who blogs over at JayBird's Flight! Thank you sweet gal! This is my second time to receive the award, but the last time I wasn't following enough blogs!



So what exactly is a Liebster award? 
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. A Blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them. This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way!

11 Random Facts About Me
I'm occasionally a bad blogger--only because I add tons of blogs on GFC and then never have time to read all of them every single day...but I will get there! Not a good way to start off my random facts [ohwell.]

I played basketball for nearly 20 years. I still love it. 

I love meeting new people! Though I can be super shy in person.

Yesterday I talked to someone on the phone and they didn't believe me when I told them how tall I was. It's really not that crazy. I'm only 6'4"...ONLY.

I work 13 hours a day, 5 days a week (though I usually get Fridays off!). It's as intense as it sounds.

People mistake my sister and I for twins every time we are together. Granted, we are only 2 and a half years apart in age, and we are both tall. 

I tweet about the strangest things sometimes...go follow me!

When I was in high school, my dad accidentally broke my nose. It's been crooked ever since.

I've always wanted to go to Europe and still haven't been yet  :(

I love to cook (and eat). Almost anything. But with my work schedule I rarely have time to enjoy either of those. 

I found out I had allergies when I was 4 or 5. My aunt had a sweet little kitten and 30 seconds into me playing with said cat, my eyes were bloodshot and watery and I couldn't stop sneezing. And I was kind of itchy. And I'm allergic to more than just cats.

My 11 Questions from Joanna
Who is your favorite artist or band?
Right now I'm in love with Kacey Musgraves <3 even though JT's album just came out, I'll always be a country fan.

What is your dream job?
I want to be an Occupational Therapist and work in geriatrics. Hands down. I love old people!

If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why?
Honestly, I don't know. There's no one person that I'm dying to meet, and every person that I care about is in my life! Though I'd probably enjoy meeting any famous music artists...

What is your worst habit?
Leaving my hair on the bathroom floor. It just kind of happens when I brush my hair and when I fix my hair. I just lose a lot of hair (thank goodness!) every day and I never bother to pick it up. But it irritates me when I find clumps of hair tangled together, or if one strand gets wrapped around my toes. Easy solution--pick the hair up! But I never think about it when I'm in the bathroom.

What is the first thing you do in the morning - other than wake up and such?
My schedule is set to a T. I know exactly how much time I need in the mornings, and other stuff. I always take my medicine first, put my contacts in, wash my face, and go from there. And I never skip breakfast!

What is something you are most proud of?
Graduating from college. I almost gave up and dropped out halfway through, but I decided to give it one last semester and I'm sure glad I stuck it out. 

Why did you start blogging?
Way back in the day, like 10+ years ago, I had a Xanga. I'm sure that's still around, but it was my way of blogging. High school got in the way and I just forgot about it. I picked it back up in college and would only blog intermittently, but now I post something nearly every day.

What is your favorite clothing store?
I have to pick two stores...because I can't just pick one.
1. Buckle: they sell the length of jeans that I need
2. Long Tall Sally: they sell everything tall. 
I can go out to any store, look at a shirt, and be able to tell if it will be long enough. 10+ years of being tall and I've learned so much.

Do you have a bucket list?  If so, tell us what is on it.
No bucket list for me! Though maybe I should start one...

What is your favorite outdoor activity and why?
I kind of HATE being outside, just because of my allergies. But I love being out on the water--fishing, skiing, tubing--you name it, I like it! I enjoy it because it was always something my family could enjoy together.

Dogs or cats?
DOGS. I'm not as allergic to dogs as I am to cats, sometimes. And dogs are just better. Period.

My 11 Nominees

11 Questions For My Nominees
What do you enjoy most about blogging?
What is your dream vacation?
Phone call or text?
What song(s) are you currently in love with?
If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
What is your favorite book or movie?
What is one thing you can NEVER leave home without?
What 4 words would you use to describe yourself?
What is your biggest pet peeve?
What is your favorite post or most viewed post to date?
Would you rather be famous for the rest of your life or be the best friend of someone famous?

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady, thanks for taking part in this :) So I also have the hair issue, though mine is not as long as yours. I finally got SO sick of it I invested in a Roomba (the robotic vacuums)...we call her "The B**ch" and she is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natalie! So nice to meet you! Thanks for following... and the nomination! I'm following you back!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an intense work schedule! I love these posts, and getting to know fun facts :)

    ReplyDelete