Thursday, April 25, 2013

NSVs & Winning

Tomorrow is Friday, yes! But I have to be at work at 7am, yuck. Oh well. Linking up with Katie & Lex today!

button

So Tuesday morning I had a coworker ask me if I was pregnant. I'm definitely not. Talk about awkward. And now all I can think about is how I sacrifice sleep to go to the gym instead every single night but I end up looking pregnant...what the hell...why do I even bother going to the gym then?

*Side note: stupid kids in high school told me I looked preggo but I was able to shrug it off because they were asses, but a coworker is totes different*

There's a part of me that wants to give up & just let the pounds add on, but I know I would be so unhappy & unhealthy that I would regret it. I feel so defeated. I didn't want to go to the gym last night or the night before, but I did anyways. It felt good--until I stepped on the scale--and saw a gain of 3 pounds. Even more defeating. Not to mention I was the only female at the gym the other night. That was weird. Really weird. But it didn't stop me from getting my workout on.
I do know that I'm not giving up that easy, regardless of how much the words hurt and how awful I feel. And that scale can go screw itself, at least for the next several weeks. Victories! #winning

7 comments:

  1. That is tough. The good thing is you fought through it! There are always those road bumps, but instead of falling back, you pushed through!
    I found you from the link up, thanks for sharing!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally sucks! Why would people even ask such a question? Don't they know you'd tell them if you were? Oh the nerve (and apparently you've hit a nerve in me)! I will share that my friend, Leigh, and I used to always talk about when we would start or up our workouts, we'd seem to gain before losing. That's something to look at, but if it's not the case for you, then a calorie count is another culprit. If you don't get enough, you will gain or hold onto all you have. Keep pushing through it! It will come off and you will be successful!
    Happy Lil' Friday,
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lord, I feel ya girl. I had a random Walmart employee who was at least 75lbs heavier than me loudly ask me when I was due. I seriously wanted to punch her in face. Kudos to you for staying strong and still hitting the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! We have ALL been where you are, believe me! There's nothing worse than feeling like you work your ass off for nothing...but please don't give up. The scale LIES...remember that scale weight is NOT fat mass and lean muscle is smaller in size but weighs the same as fat which takes up more room. Keep on doing what you are doing, because it's healthy for you. And seriously, who the heck do you work with that has the manners of a toad??? Don't let those people get you down. You are a warrior! Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say good for you! It's so easy to give up especially when one crappy circumstance or five happen in a week but good for you continuing on your journey! Everyone's is different! I'm glad you made it to the gym! Can't wait to come back next week and see more NSVs and see how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! That's a seriously annoying coworker! What on Earth. Don't let it get to you. Stupid people say stupid things. The person probably didn't really mean anything and thought you being pregnant would be good news or something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't give up! that co-worker shouldn't have said anything! Don't let their stupidity ruin your day! You've got this and your beautiful!

    ReplyDelete