Thursday, April 11, 2013

V is for Victories

Ahh I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday! I don't care that I have to work tomorrow & Saturday, I'm just ready for a day off. It's Thursday again, so obviously I'm linking up with Katie & Lex for Non-Scale Victories today :)

So what all happened this week? 

First, my coworkers at my night job have finally learned my usual schedule in the fact that when I get off work at 9:00 pm I go straight to the gym. They know that sometimes the last place I want to go after working for 13 hours is the gym--and they always make sure to ask me if I'm going or not. In a way, it's like more encouragement from some of the most unlikely people, people I never thought would impact my life in such a cool way. 
.....and when I say I'm not going to the gym they're responses are crazy and make me feel slightly guilty, so sometimes I end up going anyways. 

Second, I couldn't care less that I gained two pounds. I know I didn't go to the gym, my body needed a break. So what if I gained a little back? Getting rid of my extra weight is going to take more than just a few weeks. 

Thanks to my bff Sammie, she got me to use the C25K program on my phone. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but today is the end of week 2. She says week 3 is a bitch, but I think I can do it! Mind you, I've never been a runner, but I did play basketball for a really long time and that involves running  up and down the court...so does it count? 

Lastly, I went to to grocery store Monday night [yes I skipped my workout to go to HEB] and finally bought some fresh fruits & veggies. I really struggle with eating healthy because I work so much and I haven't pushed myself enough to prep on weekends for the week ahead. So I'm not ready for that huge effort just yet.

Maybe my victories are a little cheesy this week, but sometimes you gotta take baby steps!
Don't forget to link up!

button

7 comments:

  1. These are great victories! not cheesy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your victories are certainly not cheesy! These are great! I don't know how you get to the gym after working 13 hours straight. I can barley get there after working 9 hours!

    Stopping by from the linkup!
    Madalyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exact words= cunt whore bitch :p Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your victories. Fresh fruit and veggies are so hard when you're working a ton, but it is a lot easier when at least they're there!
    I found you from the link up.
    I was always an athlete but never a runner. I am trying to get into running (I am also trying the C25K) and trying to enjoy running. I want it to be a lifestlyle, not just something I do but hate.
    Keep it up!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! You've got this! I don't think they are cheesy either. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it's cheesy, those are great NSV. Found u on KTJ link up and happy to follow.

    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about your body needing a break, that was me this week too. Not even muscle and joint wise, but my skin needed a major break from sweating!

    ReplyDelete