Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Big News!

I can't contain my excitement anymore! After 4+ years of dating,

ANDREW & I ARE ENGAGED!
*insert giggles and squeals*

I am so happy right now! Like over the moon, still on cloud 9, can't believe I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend happy!!


My ring is absolutely perfect!

So I know you're all dying to know how he proposed!

Andrew & I had arranged for him to pick me up from the airport after my interview in Nebraska [you can read about how it went here] since it was easier for me to get a ride from his family rather than driving myself to & from the airport. I knew I wanted him to be the first person I saw coming back, and of course he didn't mind.

As soon as I was off the plane, I called him. He told me he was waiting outside the security checkpoint and that I'd see him soon. I walked through to terminal and past security where Andrew was standing. He was dressed up and had a dozen red roses in his hand. I assumed they were to congratulate me on my interview. I gave him a big hug & a kiss and he handed me the flowers. Then he said, "I have something else for you". He got down on one knee, pulled a box from his back pocket and said "Will you marry me?" and as soon as he started to kneel I couldn't hold my tears back. At the exact same time, Megan (my sister) and Austin (Andrew's brother) came out from behind a tall banner and started snapping photos. I was overwhelmed and  so happy and all I could say was "YES!". Andrew slipped the ring on my finger--it fits perfectly!--and smiled. After more hugging and kissing, we took a few photos. Megan even got a video, but the quality isn't very good and you really can only hear me crying and Megan saying "yay" after I said yes. And I couldn't believe that he had managed to pull this off without anyone spilling the beans! It definitely wasn't something I was expecting, and it came as a total surprise to me.

After a short drive back to his house, there were a few more pictures and we [Andrew's family plus me and Megan] went out for a late lunch to celebrate. Andrew and I spent the rest of Saturday just enjoying our time together--and I made a ton of phone calls and texts. And everyone keeps asking me when the big day is, but we don't have an answer yet! It depends on whether or not I get into grad school, so we'll just have to wait a little longer.

I still can't believe I'm engaged to the love of my life....I am so happy!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How exciting!! Can't wait to hear all about it in the upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! So excited for you both :) What a cute proposal story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! So exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!! The ring is gorgeous!!!

    xo
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratutions! That is so exciting! Brings me back to the day that I got engaged!

    ReplyDelete