Monday, June 3, 2013

Big Families Are The Best

Happy Monday readers! 
Time for another weekend recap, this time with more photos than last week :)

My weekend started Thursday night when my sister and I went out for a friend's 21st birthday. We had no idea what was going on, so the two of us just went to one of my favorite bars and had a drink while we waited on the other people to get themselves together. 


Left: before going out
Middle: Fish Bowl!
Right: my newest "selfie" that I'm obsessed with
I love it so much that it's now my new profile picture on Facebook and Twitter.

I had all day Friday off until my night job (5-9pm) and it was my last day working there. I am so happy to be done working nights, but now I feel like I'm going to do nothing but bum around the house. And maybe actually start going to the classes I love so much at the gym! 

Before going to work, I packed my bags for the weekend to head to Galveston. My sister and I didn't get on the road until almost 10pm, which means we didn't get to Galveston until about 1:00am. Talk about the longest drive ever--parts of the interstate were shut down to one lane and there was so much traffic. Damn Houston!

So why did my sister & I go to Galveston? One of my cousins graduated from medical school this weekend! I have a huge family on my mom's side and we are all so close, almost like distant siblings or something. My aunt rented a Victorian home on the island for the weekend, and we partied hard as always!


Left: Riley, my aunt & uncle's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, one of the sweetest dogs ever!
Middle: my cousin & her hubby after graduation
Right: the amazing house we stayed in. 
Can you believe it's over 100 years old and has survived many hurricanes? 

Sunday was pretty low key, we had to check out of the house and after that my sister & I went to Pearland to check out my cousin's new house! It's hard to believe that we are all growing up, graduating, buying houses, and living our lives [so cliche..]. Their house is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see how it looks once they get settled in!

All in all, it was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I laughed so hard, got to take a few naps here and there, and I got to see my mom--I haven't seen her since Christmas. I love all of my cousins to death, and now that we are adults we are doing our own things in our lives but still staying together. It was such a great weekend and I didn't want it to end! Thankfully, we are all getting together again next weekend for our big family vacation and I am super excited about it :)

Monday work day is halfway over already! Hooray!

Linking up with these loves...

          Sami's Shenanigans

2 comments:

  1. yay what a FUN weekend!

    thanks for linking up with me and Sar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Both sides of my family are huge and I love love love it! Congrats to your cousin!

    ReplyDelete