Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shopping Frenzy

Today has been cray cray at work. 
Which is why I'm just now updating....oops.

I've been spending all my time at work "shopping" online for an apartment in Omaha. 
Part of me is still in disbelief that I'm moving all the way to Nebraska. 

 I have no idea even where to start....so I just kind of jumped in. I looked at different parts of town as well as places outside of the city--and I've figured out kind of but not really which parts are hella expensive and which places are shitty because they are so cheap. In case I haven't mentioned it, I have to be up there, unpacked & ready to start Monday, August 12. It's gonna be here before I know it!

And my other big decision I've been working on is trying to decide whether I should rent a U-Haul and haul all my junk important things with me [I mean furniture] or if I should sell everything while I'm still in Texas and buy all new stuff in Omaha. That sounds way more expensive to me. But I don't know because I've never EVER done something like this. It's crazy.

And I couldn't be more excited!

So readers, have any of you moved more than 500 miles away from home? What did you do? 

2 comments:

  1. My friend moved from NY to VA. She moved pretty close to where her work was going to be. She stayed there for a year and ended up moving to a younger and more fun area. She had to buy everything once she got there (slowly but surely haha she slept on a blowup bed for a while) I am not sure which would be cheaper?
    Good luck with everything!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked into PODS? I have no clue how expensive they are, but if they're in between, it might be worth looking into...?

    Warning: Some apartment leases (ex. Phillip and I's first apartment) prohibit PODS on their properties while others allow them.

    ReplyDelete