Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hello Midterm

Hard to believe that tomorrow begins week 6 of my first Level II fieldwork! I know I've said this before, but truly, my time here is FLYING BY. Earlier this week, my clinical instructor and I went over my midterm evaluation--which I was completely nervous about. She had me complete the evaluation on my own and then we went over it together. Long story short, I am right on track where I need to be which is good news! Certainly I am not yet at the entry-level practitioner of course but I will hopefully be there at the end of my 12 weeks here.

While my weekend has been mostly uneventful, it turns out one of my professors used to live here prior to moving to Omaha to work for Creighton. She flew in to conduct some site visits, and emailed the students here about going out to lunch. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was the only student able to meet her on Saturday, but it was quite nice to chat with her and learn more about the area. And the sweetest part was a free lunch as a treat! So wonderful! This upcoming week I have 9 patients on my caseload, which feels overwhelming right now but I'm sure I'll get through it just fine. Over half of the caseload are patients who have suffered CVAs, and they each have different abilities post-stroke.

Perhaps my most exciting news would be that my mom is coming to visit this week! She'll be here Thursday night and stay for a few days. We're planning to head up to Utah to see Zion National Park and take a tour of Lake Powell, and probably see the Grand Canyon too. It's gonna be a fun weekend and I can't wait to see my mom! On top of all that excitement, the wedding is less than 3 months away! I've also managed to convince two of my cousins and my sister to come to Vegas with me when I'm finished with fieldwork in August. So excited for everything that's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment