Tuesday, January 19, 2016

One Down, Fifteen to Go

Or I suppose since it is Monday we're at the start of week two. 

I meant to write all of this on Friday but I was exhausted after I got home. Plus Andrew had to fly to D.C. for the weekend for some big board meeting, I was a total bum on the couch. I think I'm gonna like it at UTMB, but the drive is horrendous. I spend an hour in the car plus 20 minutes or so taking the shuttle or walking to the School of Health Professions (SHP) building. Basically, I'm out the door by 6:30 every morning. Yuck. And you guessed it, I don't get home until 6:30 or 7:00 pm either. Plus, the commute doesn't factor in the awful Houston traffic--but I'm grateful to be traveling against the flow of traffic both ways. I checked the mileage on my car--I put over 500 miles on my car in a week!

But it isn't all bad. I get to park across the street from the beach! [insert reminder to share a picture] I think I will fit in well with the staff members, and I'm also feeling close to the students (but really they have no idea who I am). I can empathize with them you could say.

Here's what my weekly schedule is shaping up to be:

Pediatrics Lecture 8-10 am 
Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays

Pediatrics Lab 8-10, 10-12, 1-3
Wednesdays

Department Meeting 12-1 pm
Mondays

Fieldwork Class 3-5 pm
Mondays

St. Vincent's Clinic 1-4 pm
Fridays

Time outside of that schedule will likely be spent on plenty of other things...not sure what those things are yet aside from my final project. I anticipate having little free time but that doesn't mean I won't get distracted but enough spare time so I won't be pulled in a thousand different directions. It should be interesting to say the least. Also I had a three day weekend, hollaaaaa! Loved having Monday to myself.

Also on a much more personal note, my grandpa had a very minor stroke over the weekend. I think he's doing okay but keep him in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment