Thursday, January 21, 2016

Project Ideas

As the end of another week draws near, my site mentor and I have been brainstorming ideas for my project as well as other activities I can engage in during my time here. Since UTMB has never experienced an EOTD student completing a ProRo at their site, all of this is uncharted territory for everyone. Most of the professors have their own research projects, which MOT students will be helping with, so that's not really an option. I could do something simple like a flyer or poster to help students, but I'm not sure that would be beneficial.

Another project my site mentor and I have talked about is some sort of program for the fieldwork class. After talking with the fieldwork coordinator, it sounds like she wants to create some sort of online continuing education course for fieldwork supervisors. Definitely sounds like something I can do, and it seems that it would greatly benefit the program, and clinical instructors too. But I don't have a clue how to organize all the information. Topics included recent research, communication, AOTA standards, site objectives, goal writing, and expectations, to name a few. A PowerPoint or Prezi sound like options but I don't think that's the best option for organizing information.

Decisions, decisions.........got any suggestions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment