Monday, February 8, 2016

Eight Things

Over the weekend, I came across an article I fell in love with and wanted to file away for later. It was written several months ago, and I could relate to every single point made. The piece is titled "Eight Things My Very Tall Daughter Can Expect" and you can click here to read it. A condensed version is below.

1. You will experience many small disappointments. 

2. Everyone will know you are tall (and everyone will point it out).

3. People will think you have skills you don't possess.

4. People will think you are older than you are. 

5. Size doesn't matter when it comes to you and your friends.

6. Size does matter when it comes to your significant other.

7. People will think you're responsible.

8. Everyone will know you're my daughter. 

In case you don't know, my mom is NOT TALL (see picture below) and she's also wearing heels in that photo. She prepared me for so much in life and I am so thankful for her. But knowing how to be tall and accept that I'll never be normal height was something she couldn't teach--I had to learn it all on my own (and with some help from my dad and sister).


Real life story: my sister and my mom were at the grocery store once and the cashier didn't believe our mom was our real birth mom. Or that it was possible for my mom to have such a tall daughter. Silly people.

And I never want to not be tall.  
Even when it's impossible to find clothes, fit in cars, and deal with all sorts of tall problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment