Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Handling & Billing

I'm sitting here, post-lunch coma, not really wanting to do much of anything *sigh*. Honesty is the best policy, right?

So in continuing to use my little slice of cyberspace as a sounding board for all things OT this semester, I did a little research on continuing education (CE) courses offered in the Houston area. TOTA has their own list of CE courses which is where I started my search. There are 33 courses on the spreadsheet, seven of which are in the Houston area. Courses offered ranged in topics from hand therapy, patient handling, wheelchair billing, low vision assistive technology, mirror therapy for stroke rehab, and the usual Representative Assembly report & update.

The Representative Assembly makes policy for AOTA, which in turn gets constituents to act on professional issues. That means the RA plays a huge role in the policies which affect the direction of the OT profession. Interestingly enough, one of the faculty members is responsible for presenting the report & update. Pretty nifty!

Out of all the course topics mentioned above, I think I might be most interested in the wheelchair billing. I saw some wheelchair stuff during my last fieldwork, custom fittings from companies and whatnot--but I'm always wanting to learn more!

I imagine there's plenty of other CE courses out there, but I'll save that search for another time and another exciting post.

No comments:

Post a Comment