Thursday, April 28, 2016

Close to the End

OMG FIELDWORK IS OVER TOMORROW WHERE DID THE TIME GO??? But seriously, I cannot believe how quickly the last 16 weeks have flown by. From waking up at 5:20 every morning in order to make it on time, to not making it home until 7:00 or later some days, it has been tough to say the least. 

Yesterday I presented my project to my site mentors, and I think they were impressed. The GIF below explains how I feel perfectly. 

When you crush your presentation at the end of fieldwork. 
{from whatshouldwecallot}

Some days it was so difficult to make myself do work when all I wanted to do was read online articles and shop for the most random items, but I knew I had to budget my time wisely in order to meet the demands of my site mentors. I have to admit, I spent more time on it this week (but I had a feeling it would happen that way) simply because I had a final, hard deadline to meet. I had to manage my own time every day since I didn't have anyone checking up on me to see how things were going. All in all, it was a fantastic experience and I was able to put the skills I've learned over the last 3 years to good use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment